Monday, August 16, 2010

We found a new church!

So every Sunday since I got here (except the one I arrived on) has been sad for me because I was missing Faith Assembly. The first Sunday we went to ICA (International Christian Assembly) and it was okay. It seemed more like a concert or show then a church though. Then last Sunday we were wanting to go to a different church and that morning we set out to figure out how to get there and we couldn't and we missed the other service and didn't end up going anywhere which really bummed me out. For some reason I really felt this was an important church to check out. So then, I asked my principal if he could tell us how to get there because it's the church he and his family attend. So he said they'd meet us at the train station at the stop near the church and drive us over so that's what we did. We got there and went in and it was a very small sanctuary with wooden pews and the front was similar to Faith Assembly - a cross over the baptismal. I liked the look and feel of it. Worship was awesome - I knew all the songs. The pastor was American (not that it matters but it was nice to see someone from my country) and his message was great. Then they sang another worship song at the end and had offering and closed with a worship song. Then leaving we waited to meet the pastor and someone little came up behind me and hugged my legs - it was a student! How neat! My principal introduced us to the Pastor and he said "New teachers" and greeted us warmly and said he'd love to talk with us sometime soon. The middle school principal and his family attend there as well as several other ICS teachers so there were familiar faces and greetings. That was nice. Overall I was so happy and cheerful and full of God that it was a welcome relief! The church is called KIBC - Kowloon International Baptist Church. Yes, it's a Baptist church but honestly I don't know the difference. It was just good. I guess the 11:00 service is more traditional - they have a choir but I don't know what that means. I liked it there. Oh and they announced they were starting their Christmas Choir soon. :) It was a cozy church - hard to find here. I don't want to go to a church and sit in an overflow room. Anyway, then we walked back to the train station (the MTR) and had lunch and went grocery shopping.

Ernie and I did well navigating this weekend and that was cool. There's just so much to see and do and it doesn't even cost any money - just going around and seeing things is fun. I hated window shopping and malls unless I was out to get something specific before in the U.S. but now every store and every mall is different and it's just amazing. Can't wait to get paid and maybe do some real shopping.

Tomorrow night we're having tacos at Jens apartment across the hall and Friday night the 7th floor is having a potluck. Should be fun. And we have a snowman stalking our floor. Hee hee! I got back from the somewhere yesterday and there was a stuffed snowman at our door. I think it's from the storage unit where our washers and dryers are. So we put it in front of someone else's door and it keeps being moved around. It's so funny to come home and see! Well that's all for now. I'll try to post a video. I'm learning...

3 comments:

  1. Great news about the church Vee! We miss you both terribly but pray for you daily and are so happy for you. Everything sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you found a church! One more piece falling into place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is guiding your footsteps! Finding a church home is one IMPORTANT piece of the puzzle.

    ReplyDelete