Saturday, August 28, 2010

A Day of Exploring

Ernie and I decided to find a beach today since I really wanted to see some water. So we set out on an adventure. We took the train a few stops to Wu Kai Sha. We saw some beautiful scenery on the way. Then we got off the train and walked on what looked like a seldomly used path and then down a random road. There were signs that said Whitehead Golf Club or something like that. But we just wanted to get to the water. Then Ernie peeked through the trees and other foliage on the side of the road and saw a little beachy area. So we climbed down and we had a beautiful little area all to ourselves! It was so peaceful and relaxing and beautiful. We stayed a while and then we made our way back to the train station and took it back one stop to Ma On Shan. There are two malls there. We were hungry but the issue is that a lot of the local places are in Cantonese and the people speak Cantonese so ordering is hard for us. But I had our little cheat sheet and we were able to get a seat and actually order our food. That was fun! We got some Dim Sum items and also a noodle dish. I had fresh carrot and apple juice and Ernie had a coke and we drank jasmine tea. We ate with chop sticks although they offered us "American's" forks. I was pretty proud of our ability to do that. Then we went home and by the time we got off the train it was raining, so we had a light jog in the rain. It was so fun! We got home just in time - then it started pouring buckets of water.

To see what today looked like I'm sharing a link to photos on Picasa. I think I'm doing this right - who knows!

http://picasaweb.google.com/111125336105726794698?authkey=Gv1sRgCMWlldW1x-mkHQ

I think you can go to this link to see. You may have to highlight it - copy and paste it. It worked for me.

1 comment:

  1. The link for the pictures worked just fine. Great pics. Can't believe how green it is there too. Loved the one with the mountain in the background. :)

    ReplyDelete