Thursday, June 24, 2010

One Month Until We Leave!

Well today is exactly one month until we leave on July 24th. We’ve made a lot of progress. Most of our stuff is gone and gone through. Most of our bills are paid. Our finances are pretty set. We got $10 American dollars changed into $70 HK dollars (just to see what it looked like). They have several different versions of each bill apparently. We rented a video from the library on Hong Kong and Shang Hai. What an amazing place. There are peaceful countrysides and super crowded cities. I am ready to explore it all! I checked out our airline Cathay Pacific and it seems cool. While we still have a lot to do, we are really getting things done. I am mostly over the emotional “parting with my possessions” and now I just have to face saying goodbye to family and friends. I just have to remember that it’s not forever AND long distance relationships can work if it really matters.

I am a little nervous about my “new job” but looking at the kindergarten school calendar for 2010-2011 school year I see a lot of similarities to Simis where I was teaching before. So that is comforting. I know God will be on my side as He has been through this whole experience so far, so I’m only going to be a little nervous! I know Ernie feels the same way.

Well, if you’re interested in knowing more about Hong Kong check out this website: http://www.discoverhongkong.com/login.html
Let the intro play, then click on United States on the bottom. Pretty cool!
Well, the next time I post it will probably be almost time to go. Thanks for following our adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment